[Corpora-List] October 30 Sentiment Analysis Symposium

Seth Grimes grimes at altaplana.com
Wed Oct 10 13:57:09 UTC 2012

The next Sentiment Analysis Symposium takes place in 3 weeks, on October
30 in San Francisco. The symposium is business-focused, with substantial
academic and research participation, covering technologies and solutions
applied to social and online media, surveys, and enterprise information
sources. Please join us!

(Government & academic attendees are eligible for a 50% discount via the
GOVACAD registration code, and we have a special student rate.)

The agenda is online at http://sentimentsymposium.com . We have keynotes
by social psychologist Dr. Kate Niederhoffer of Knowable Research
(ex-Dachis and Nielsen) and Prof. VS Subrahmanian of the Univ. of
Maryland. We have a special Voice of the Voter segment, looking at
applications for politics and policy, with presentations by Abe Kazemzadeh
(USC) and Graham Mackintosh (IBM); Philip Resnik (Univ. of Maryland);
Daniel Ziv (Verint); Rishab Ghosh (Topsy Labs); and Stuart Shulman (UMass
and Texifter). In between, we have speakers from the American Cancer
Society, Cisco, Dow Jones, J.D. Power, the MIT Media Lab/Luminiso, Thomson
Reuters, Toluna, and others.

The symposium also features an exhibit area with 9 sponsors including
social-data innovators Attensity, DataSift, Gnip, and Topsy.

The symposium will be preceded on October 29 by a pair of optional,
exceptional learning opportunities: A reprise of the Practical Sentiment
Analysis tutorial, developed and taught by Dr. Diana Maynard of the Univ.
of Sheffield, and a new Introduction to Social Media Listening class,
taught by former IBM Distinguished Engineer Mike Moran.

Please contact me if you have questions.

 						Seth

--
Seth Grimes    grimes at altaplana.com   +1 301-270-0795    @sethgrimes
Alta Plana Corp, analytics strategy consulting, http://altaplana.com