[Corpora-List] Meeting vs Symposium vs Conference

Majid Laali mjlaali at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 07:52:31 UTC 2012

Dear Krishnamurthy,

There is a misunderstanding about what I mean. Actually, I do not want to know the meaning of these words or usage of the words.As an student, I would like to submit a paper to a conference/symposium/meeting. I thought as differences among workshops, conferences and journal, there might be some different between the events too.
To make it more clear, I believe that for a thesis as an example, we can schedule as follows: basic idea of a research can be submitted to a workshop and more elaborate studies on this subject can lead to several conference papers. Finally, all the works can be summarized in a journal article.
With regard to your answer, I find out there is no fundamental differences among conferences, symposium, or meetings for targeting an event for a paper. For this purpose, I should see the characteristics of the events in the websites not their name!

Regards,

Majid,

Majid Laali,
Natural Language and text Processing Laboratory(http://ece.ut.ac.ir/NLP),
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
College of Engineering, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
m.laali at ut.ac.ir