[Corpora-List] Partial mapping: plWordNet (Polish WordNet) to Princeton WordNet, also a new version (1.8) of plWordNet

Maciej Piasecki maciej.piasecki at pwr.wroc.pl
Fri Oct 26 05:55:46 UTC 2012

Dear plWordNet Users,

On behalf of the whole team working on the construction of plWordNet (an
electronic thesaurus for Polish combined with a lexico-semantic network)
we have the pleasure to announce the release of 1.8. version (which is
still an intermediate working version; the target 2.0 version is planned
for the beginning of 2013) available on open licence for all uses
(modelled on that for Princeton WordNet). The full version can be
downloaded in the following formats: plwnXML (our own), Princeton
WordNet oraz VisDic (only part of data) from:
http://nlp.pwr.wroc.pl/plwordnet/download/?lang=eng

The latest 1.8. version of plWordNet includes the results of the first,
pilot stage of mapping plWordNet on Princeton WordNet 3.0. It covers the
following domains: people (partially), artefacts (partially), places
(partially), family relationships, food, drinks, time units, states and
processes (illnesses), economic vocabulary (partially), names of
scientific disciplines and names connected with thinking and
communication (partially). The mapping is carried out in the direction:
plWordNet - Princeton WordNet starting with the lowest levels of the
network and gradually covering the higher ones. Almost 26 000 Polish
synsets have been mapped in this version (the full statistics can be
found on the page: http://plwordnet.pwr.wroc.pl/wordnet/stats). We
continue this work. Since it is still a working version we are open to
all comments and suggestions.

  With best regards,

    Marek Maziarz, Ewa Rudnicka and Maciej Piasecki
    on behalf of the Co-authors of G4.19. Research Group

--
dr Maciej Piasecki

Grupa Naukowa G4.19 (G4.19 Research Group)
Instytut Informatyki (Institute of Informatics)
Politechnika Wrocławska  (Wroclaw University of Technology)

adres:
ul. Wybrzeże Wyspiańskiego 27
50-370 Wrocław

address: