[Corpora-List] Corpora Digest, Vol 64, Issue 30 - 'brief summary of corpus'

Krishnamurthy, Ramesh r.krishnamurthy at aston.ac.uk
Sun Oct 28 19:48:33 UTC 2012

Hi Awais

I think many people on this list will find your question too general and too vague.

Therefore, I suggest you first read (I found these just by typing 'corpus linguistics' into Google):

#1 the Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corpus_linguistics

#2 the McEnery-Wilson online book: http://www.lancs.ac.uk/fss/courses/ling/corpus/

#3 The Essex University Introduction: http://www.essex.ac.uk/linguistics/external/clmt/w3c/corpus_ling/content/introduction.html

#4 the CL2011 Introduction:

http://www.cl2011.org.uk/

Then ask a more specific question, telling us, e.g.:

What is your specific research aim?

Do you want to create your own corpus or use an existing one?

Which language(s) are you interested in?

Are you an undergraduate student, Masters student, or PhD student?

best wishes

Ramesh Krishnamurthy

Visiting Academic Fellow

Aston University