[Corpora-List] General purpose XML-based annotation tool

Matteo Fuoli Matteo.Fuoli at englund.lu.se
Tue Oct 30 10:24:29 UTC 2012

Dear list members,

I am looking for a general purpose XML-based annotation tool that allows
users to:
1. generate statistics on annotated words/phrases
2. semi-automatically annotate similar items through, for example, an
interactive user interface

I am currently using Mick O'Donnell's UAM Corpus Tool
(http://www.wagsoft.com/CorpusTool/index.html), which features a very
handy semi-automatic coding module and can be used to produce statistics
on annotated segments. I think that is a very good tool, but I wanted to
check whether there are other similar tools available.

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Matteo Fuoli
Doctoral Candidate
English Studies
Centre for Languages and Literature, Lund University
http://www.sol.lu.se/en/person/MatteoFuoli