[Corpora-List] META-FORUM 2012 - Report and Videos now Online

John Judge jjudge at computing.dcu.ie
Tue Sep 4 16:08:43 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

META-FORUM 2012 – A Strategy for Multilingual Europe took place in
Brussels in June. The event was attended by more than 200 people
representing a cross section of industry, research and many other areas
where language technology has a role to play. META-FORUM 2012 was a very
successful meeting and showcase of European Language Technology R&D work
and also provided a useful forum for open and frank dialogue between
stakeholders from across various sectors of language technology,
research, industry, administration and national and European
representatives.

We’re also pleased to announce that we have published a summary of the
event online including videos of the talks and panel sessions. The
report provides a synopsis of each speaker’s presentation (including
slides), their main points and relevant links to other resources. In
addition you’ll also find links to videos of each presentation and panel
discussion as well as the opening session by Thibaut Kleiner (Member of
Cabinet of Neelie Kroes) and the closing keynote address from Fernando
Pereira (Google). So, for those of you who were unable to attend, or if
there was a presentation you want to see again or share with your
colleagues who couldn’t make it, you’ll find everything you need at
http://www.meta-net.eu/events/meta-forum-2012/report .

Following on from what was presented at META-FORUM we will be officially
launching our Language White Paper Series
(http://www.meta-net.eu/whitepapers) and Strategic Research Agenda for
Multilingual Europe 2020 (http://www.meta-net.eu/sra) very soon. Please
note that you can still provide feedback to the current draft of the
Strategic Research Agenda!

More information is available on the META-NET website
(http://www.meta-net.eu). You can also follow us on Twitter
(http://www.twitter.com/meta_alliance) and Facebook
(http://fb.me/META.Alliance) to stay up to date.

Regards,