[Corpora-List] Medical journals impact factor list and aims/scope

Maximilian Haeussler max at soe.ucsc.edu
Tue Sep 18 21:49:29 UTC 2012

You have to pay to use the JCR, as far as I know. That being said, the
site is easy to scrape. The JCR includes a subject and scope for the
journals they index. Some of the information (not the impact factors)
is available in the free part of the site on
http://ip-science.thomsonreuters.com/mjl/. The JCR journal data is the
basis of the free website eigenfactor.org as far as I know, so you can
get journal categories also from there. (Hey, cool, they even have
motion graphs now http://www.eigenfactor.org/motion/)

Otherwise, NLM's catalog is probably the easiest available datasource
for journal information but doesn't give you impact factors.
Ulrichs Web has a text-description of each journal which might be more
detailed than NLM's.

Scopus has the same type of data as JCR, but calculates the impact a
differently. They also classify journals into groups. Their data is
also available from the free website scimagojr.com

Hm... I think these are all... any other websites?

cheers
Max