[Corpora-List] Temporal words and phrases in Latin

Michele Filannino michele.filannino at cs.manchester.ac.uk
Wed Sep 19 16:26:42 UTC 2012

Hi Maria,

the only possibility that comes to my mind is implementing an algorithm
that surfs on Wikipedia, maybe starting from
here<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_festivals>,
using its Latin version. You could collect the expressions in a dictionary
and use it to spot festivities in your documents.

Signals, or trigger words, could be filtered out over all the Wikipedia (in
the language you're interested in) looking at classic date patterns
(XX/XX/XXXX and so on). You can make a list of the most frequent ones and
then filter it out using an expert or a proper dictionary.

I hope it will help,
michele.

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Maria Sukhareva <
sukhareva.maria1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am working on a rule-based temporal tagger for Latin and I am looking
> for any resource that would provide lists
> of Latin temporal words and phrases that could serve as temporal markers
> in the medieval Latin texts.
> For example, temporal adverbs, prepositions, date and time descriptions
> etc. etc. but also a list of ancient Greek, Roman, Jewish, Christian and
> Medieval holidays and celebrations (all translated in Latin) as well as a
> list of Biblical temporal markers.
>
> Thanks,
> Maria

Michele Filannino