[Corpora-List] PhD fellowships in NLP/IR/ML

Bei Yu byu at syr.edu
Thu Dec 12 16:06:39 UTC 2013

The School of Information Studies at Syracuse University is pleased to
announce the availability of fellowships to support study in our PhD
program.  We are particularly interested in applicants with research
interests in the following areas:  Natural Language Processing, Information
Retrieval, and Machine Learning.  We have active research projects in these
areas and need talented PhD students to advance our research agenda.

Applicants should have training in one or more of our areas of interest,
should have good technical skills, including good programming skills
(C/C++, Python, Java), and should have a good command of spoken and written
English.  Research experience is highly desirable.  Candidates with either
a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree will be considered.

Our application deadline is January 3rd, 2014.  More information about our
PhD program and application procedures can be found at

http://ischool.syr.edu/future/doctoral/phd.aspx.

--
Bei Yu
Assistant Professor