[Corpora-List] Book announcement: Lexical Resources

Nuria Gala nuria.gala at univ-amu.fr
Fri Dec 13 18:25:41 UTC 2013

*Ressources Lexicales**
****
**Contenu, construction, utilisation, évaluation *

Núria Gala et Michael Zock (editors)
Aix-Marseille Université & LIF-CNRS
Language : French

Lexical resources store knowledge concerning words, their meanings and
uses. While dictionaries were confined to printed media, there are now a
  variety of tools available in electronic form for different purposes.
The way we look at these resources (their creation and use) has changed
dramatically over the last few decades. Indeed, there is hardly any task
  in Natural Language Processing which can be conducted without them.
While being built by hand in the past, lexical resources are nowadays
built with the help of machines, more or less automatically. Also,
rather than being conceived as static entities (data-base view), lexical
  resources are often viewed as graphs, whose nodes and links (connection
  strengths) may change over time. Interestingly, properties concerning
topology, clustering and evolution known from other disciplines also
apply to lexical resources: everything is linked, hence accessible, and
everything is evolving. While the field is still in evolution, a
snapshot may nevertheless be useful to reveal where we stand. This is
precisely one of the goals of this volume.

Further details available here:

http://benjamins.com/#catalog/books/lis.30/main

Kind Regards,
Nuria Gala & Michael Zock