[Corpora-List] 1st CfP: 12th Konvens (Conference on Natural Language Processing), Hildesheim, Germany, October 2014

Josef Ruppenhofer ruppenho at uni-hildesheim.de
Sat Dec 21 10:58:37 UTC 2013

First Call for Papers for KONVENS 2014

http://www.uni-hildesheim.de/konvens2014

Main conference: October 8 - 10, 2014
Workshops: October 6 - 7, 2014

Venue: Hildesheim, Germany

*IMPORTANT DATES*

 * May 9, 2014 Paper submissions due
 * July 7, 2014 Notification of acceptance
 * August 8, 2014 Camera-ready copy due

*TOPICS*

The Conference on Natural Language Processing ("Konferenz zur Verarbeitung Natürlicher Sprache", KONVENS) seeks to offer a broad perspective on current research and developments within the interdisciplinary field of natural language processing. It provides a forum for researchers from all disciplines relevant to this field of research to present their work.

The overall theme of the 2014 conference will be

 “Information science and language technology: interaction - co-operation - synergies”

which reflects the interests of the host institution in exploring connections between information science and computational linguistics/natural language processing. Specific topics that we invite contributions on:

 Information Retrieval and Information Extraction,

 Methods and resources for evaluating IR/IE,

 NLP for User-Generated Content,

 Analysis of subjective language (opinion mining / sentiment analysis),

 Usability and user interaction with language tools.

We also invite contributions in the area of computational linguistics that are unrelated to the above themes.

In terms of presentation formats, the conference will feature regular research papers (full papers) as well as posters and system demonstrations (short papers). Besides the foregoing formats for unpublished research, we also accept nectar track papers, i.e. we have a track giving top-researchers the opportunity to present a summary of their most significant results from the last two years to the community.

Konvens 2014 is organized by the Institute for Information Science and Natural Language Processing at Hildesheim University. It is aimed at an international audience. Conference languages are English and German.

*INVITED SPEAKERS*

TO BE ANNOUNCED

*FORMATS*

We welcome three types of contributions:

 * Full papers for oral presentation (eight (8) pages of content, plus two (2) extra pages for references),
 * Short papers for presentation as posters or software demonstrations (four (4) pages of content, plus one (1) extra page for references),
 * Nectar track (eight (8) pages of content, plus two (2) extra pages for references).

Short papers/posters can be combined with a system demonstration. Reviews will be anonymous. Accepted full and short papers will be published in the conference proceedings.

Submissions should not exceed the page limits specified above. Submission will be electronic, managed by the EasyChair system, which will be made available soon. The only accepted format for submitting papers is PDF. For more information and formatting guidelines please see: http://www.uni-hildesheim.de/konvens2014/pages/Submissions.html .

As the review process will be anonymous, your submission must not include the author(s) name(s) and affiliation(s), or other indications of the author(s) identity. If you encounter a submission problem or in case you have any questions, please contact the program committee.

WEBSITE: http://www.uni-hildesheim.de/konvens2014
E-MAIL: konvens2014 at uni-hildesheim.de