[Corpora-List] Speaker-level variation in the BNC

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Wed Feb 6 22:43:43 UTC 2013

I'm looking for some nice bibliographies of *speaker-level* (not genre-based) variation in the BNC -- particularly variation in terms of age and gender. I know that there are many such articles from the past 20 years and that these can be found in the LLBA, etc. But I'm wondering if someone has created a relatively complete list of such articles for a book or thesis (even if it's current only as of 4-5 years ago), or whether someone might have summarized elsewhere some of this research.

Thanks in advance,

Mark Davies

Mark Davies
Professor of Linguistics / Brigham Young University
http://davies-linguistics.byu.edu/

** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases **
** Historical linguistics // Language variation **
** English, Spanish, and Portuguese **