[Corpora-List] What are the terms used for sentence-, paragraph- and text-level analysis?

Trevor Jenkins trevor.jenkins at suneidesis.com
Wed Feb 20 17:50:07 UTC 2013

On 20 Feb 2013, at 17:19, Albretch Mueller <lbrtchx at gmail.com> wrote:

> lemma (pl. lemmata) means "word" in morphological analysis
> (linguistics), what are the ("fancy" Greek) terms used for phrase-,
> sentence-, paragraph- and text-level analysis?

Why do we have to obfuscate them? Can't we simply use word-, phrase-, sentence-, paragraph- and text-level analysis? However, against my own proposal the term (*) lemmatisation is in wide use so it has value.

(*) Term might a better word than word. Not all "words" are words for example they could be numbers expressed as digit strings.

The question remains why do we need "fancy" expressions at all?

Regards, Trevor.

<>< Re: deemed!