[Corpora-List] What are the terms used for sentence-, paragraph- and text-level analysis?

Albretch Mueller lbrtchx at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 20:55:49 UTC 2013

 BTW I think somehow what I actually had in mind was the Sanskrit
concept: sphoṭa
~
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spho%E1%B9%ADa
~
>> and even if you make up a totally aseptic, esperanto kind of term,
>> once people start using it it will get messy again.

> That reminds me of my favorite philosopher, Charles Sanders Peirce,
> who complained about the way William James and others misinterpreted
> his version of pragmatism.
~
 similar to the way Devanagari/Sanskrit scholars spoke of sphoṭa in
language as a coherent and meaningful articulation of speech
production and grammatical realization in discourse, I think
"concepts" are very much part of the intersubjective play of language.
Sphoṭa are individual inner intersubjective articulations (including
their qualia and their (qualia's) conceptual underpinnings)
~
 When a child in a developmental stage says "ma", "water" or "hot", as
Vygotsky noticed they are not only articulating whole sentences, but
also in some sort of "conceptual" way, as clusters of meaningful
articulations, even though a developing child can not (and may not
learn in her/his whole life) understand the genetics of heredity, the
chemistry of compound molecules (H2O) or the molecular explanation of
heat. Children even learn "gravitation" even if not much is said about
it
~
 I wonder how could I have possibly mistaken Sanskrit for Greek, but
again I am not a linguist.
~
 lbrtchx