[Corpora-List] help to find Arabic corpus

Imene Bensalem bens.imene at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 14:06:35 UTC 2013

Hello Alaa,

If I well understand , you need an Arabic corpus where each geographical
name (toponym) is tagged with its longitude and latitude or its path in the
word e.g (Alexandria->Egypt->Africa->Word) + a set of geographical request,
 right ?

To the best of my knowledge there is no Arabic corpora for evaluation of
GIR, and may be it a good idea to have a project of building such a corpus
if you are a PhD student. You can use Wikipedia as a source of text
especially because the name of places in Wikipedia are generally hypertext
and pages of places (e.g countries) are tagged with
the geographical coordinates .

Best regards

Imene
Mentouri university , Constantine, Algeria