[Corpora-List] Update to summer program for computer science students

Kevin B. Cohen kevin.cohen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 17:58:17 UTC 2013

Hi, all,

I sent out a message the other day regarding our summer program for
computer science students which offers the opportunity to do
biomedical NLP research and get a broad introduction to computational
bioscience.  I tried to attach a flyer describing the program, which
unfortunately did not get distributed on the mailing lists.  So,
here's a web site that describes the program, application process,
etc.

In an additional bit of news, we have decided to open up the program
to undergraduates, where previously we were admitting only graduate
students.  So, if you have someone who might be interested, please
pass this information their way.  And note that the definition of
"computer science student" could include a linguistics student who is
studying computational linguistics.

http://compbio.ucdenver.edu/pages/newsandevents.html

Best wishes,

Kevin Cohen

--
Kevin Bretonnel Cohen, PhD
Biomedical Text Mining Group Lead, Computational Bioscience Program,