[Corpora-List] French Named Entity Recognition

Joel Nothman jnothman at student.usyd.edu.au
Thu Mar 7 03:35:10 UTC 2013

On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 22:05:50 +1100, Rahma Sellami
<rahma.sellami at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Please, can you direct me to an Named Entity Recognition free Tool for
> French language.
> Thanks

On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 23:22:54 +1100, Renaud Richardet
<renaud.richardet at epfl.ch> wrote:

> http://www.nuxeo.com/blog/development/2011/01/mining-wikipedia-with-hadoop-and-pig-for-natural-language-processing/
> (i did the procedure a while ago, pig language is fun)

If you want to train your own tagger, I could provide you with a corpus of
3.5M words from Wikipedia automatically labelled with named entities:

24677   ORG
38976   MISC
69971   PER
118922  LOC

It's produced in a similar manner to what Renaud linked to, described in
http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.artint.2012.03.006 (a pre-print version is
available at http://www.it.usyd.edu.au/~joel/aij-wikiner.pdf).

Cheers,

- Joel