[Corpora-List] WORLDCOMP Strikes Again for the Last Time

Jack Bryar bryar at vermontel.net
Thu Mar 14 14:34:46 UTC 2013

????
You submitted the same paper 2 years in a row?
You claim to have placed before the conference a paper with basic
fundamental errors-- on PURPOSE?
And this was ethical--- how exactly?
Chris- I don't know if you are the same fellow that works at Sykes or some
other smaller IT firm, but whatever the problems are at WORLDCOMP ---
--- and I've seen the websites claiming it is all a scam --
https://sites.google.com/site/worlddump1/
http://crappyconferences.blogspot.com/2013/01/if-you-didnt-know-already-worldcomp-is.html
http://iaria-highsci.blogspot.com/2012/03/intimidation-attempts-prove-that.html
--- and I'm aware of WORLDCOMP's rather sketchy - even nonexistent
sponsorship
I'm not sure that intentionally distributing garbage research is ever
justified ethically. In an era when even satirical press releases get
treated as legitimate news, intentionally polluting the stream of research
can only add to the fog of disinformation that complicates rational
discussions of so many technical and scientific topics.

Jack Bryar

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:34:25 -0400 (EDT), chrisrogersrogers at aol.com wrote:
> [...]
> (5). Distributed systems deal with only one computer
> (6). Laptop is an example for a super computer
> (7). Operating system is an example for computer hardware
>

> Also, our paper did not express any conceptual meaning.  However, it was
> accepted both the times without any modifications (and without any
reviews)
> and we were invited to submit the final paper and a payment of $500+ fee
> present the paper. We decided to use the fee for better purposes than
> making Prof. Hamid Arabnia (Chairman of WORLDCOMP) rich. After that, we
> received few reminders from WORLDCOMP to pay the fee but we never
> responded.
>

> We MUST say that you should look at the website
> http://sites.google.com/site/worlddump1   if you have any thoughts to
> submit a paper to WORLDCOMP.  DBLP and other indexing agencies have
stopped
> indexing WORLDCOMP’s proceedings since 2011 due to its fakeness.
>

> The status of your WORLDCOMP papers can be changed from “scientific” to
> “other” (i.e., junk or non-technical) at anytime. See the comments
> http://www.mail-archive.com/tccc@lists.cs.columbia.edu/msg05168.html  of
> respected researcher on this. Better not to have a paper than having it
in
> WORLDCOMP and spoil the resume and peace of mind forever!
>

> Our study revealed that WORLDCOMP is a money making business, using UGA
> mask, for Prof. Hamid Arabnia. He is throwing out a small chunk of that
> money (around 20 dollars per paper published in WORLDCOMP’s proceedings)
> his puppet who publicizes WORLDCOMP and also defends it at various
forums,
> using fake/anonymous names. The puppet uses fake names and defames other
> conferences/people to divert traffic to WORLDCOMP. That is, the puppet
does
> all his best to get a maximum number of papers published at WORLDCOMP to
> get more money into his (and Prof. Hamid Arabnia’s) pockets.
>

> Monte Carlo Resort (the venue of WORLDCOMP until 2012) has refused to
> provide the venue for WORLDCOMP’13 because of the fears of their image
> being tarnished due to WORLDCOMP’s fraudulent activities.
>

> WORLDCOMP will not be held after 2013.
>

> The paper submission deadline for WORLDCOMP’13 is March 18, 2013 (it
will
> be extended many times, as usual) but still there are no committee
members,
> no reviewers, and there is no conference Chairman. The only contact
details
> available on WORLDCOMP’s website is just an email address!
>

> What bothers us the most is that Prof. Hamid Arabnia never posted an
> apology for the damage he has done to the research community.  He is
still
> trying to defend WORLDCOMP. Let us make a direct request to him: publish
> all reviews for all the papers (after blocking identifiable details)
since