[Corpora-List] Job announcement: Research Scientist Position at Priberam, Lisbon

Andre Martins afm at cs.cmu.edu
Thu Mar 14 16:16:46 UTC 2013

*FYI.

Location: Lisbon, Portugal (close to Instituto Superior Técnico)
Job Title: Research Engineer
Skills: Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing

Priberam is a spin-off company operating in the area of Language
Technologies, with strong connections to Instituto Superior Técnico and
Carnegie Mellon University. We are expanding Priberam Labs, our Machine
Learning research group, and are looking for highly motivated candidates
to work in projects related to Machine Learning and Natural Language
Processing. We offer a stimulating research environment, with
connections to the international ML and NLP state-of-the-art research scene.

The key responsibilities will be:
- Researching innovative and scalable machine learning techniques for NLP;
- Coordinating research work with the product development team;
- Integrating ML algorithms into the global NLP system;
- Writing scientific papers, presenting our work at scientific
conferences and occasionally working with student interns.

The ideal candidate should have the following skills:
- MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics,
Electrical Engineering, or other related field;
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and/or Natural Language Processing;
- Experience in developing, analyzing, and implementing algorithms;
- Strong programming skills in C++ (important) and Python (optional);
- (optional) a track record of publication in international conferences
or journals.

Experience in areas such as text summarization, social media,
recommendation systems or sentiment analysis will be considered a plus.

Please send your CV to jobs-research at priberam.pt, along with a brief
letter of motivation and salary expectations (please include "JOB
Research Scientist" in the subject header).*