[Corpora-List] Corpora of patient and clinician narratives: language/culture

Charles Hall CharlesHall at rocketmail.com
Tue Mar 19 13:52:20 UTC 2013

language/culture?

Perhaps I've assumed too much but I assume that Phil Gooch is looking for patient/clinician  narratives in American English [and medical culture]? And, I'm also assuming that in spite of the astonishing use of English as a Lingua Franca, the Norwegian corpus is in Norwegian?

I think it might be helpful if languages/cultures were explicity stated in requests and answers. The cultural basis would be especially important in analyzing medical corpora as Phil himself points out in his description of what he has available.

Thanks, takk,

Charles

Charles Hall, Ph.D., dr.h.c.
University of Memphis, Department of English
Applied Linguistics, Legal English, and EFL/ESL
901.313.4496

www.charleshall.info       www.l4law.org