[Corpora-List] Job: Luminoso, Boston Text Analytics Company

Catherine Havasi havasi at mit.edu
Wed Mar 27 20:30:28 UTC 2013

Luminoso is looking for a Python software architect, who can help us
improve our document processing infrastructure and add new natural
language processing capabilities.

Luminoso is a text understanding engine which analyzes the meaning of
text based on its conceptual relationships, giving decision-makers new
tools to act quickly, intelligently, and effectively.  Spun out of the
MIT Media Lab, Luminoso has developed a GUI and an API product from
its text analytics algorithms.  We are a revenue- and investor-funded
company, and are looking to grow our team of fifteen talented
scientists, engineers, and business people located in Cambridge, MA.

Candidates should be experienced at developing and deploying Python
software and have some experience working with text data. Optional
skills that will be helpful include:

    Distributed computing (especially if it's not tied to a particular
framework)
    Scientific computing, especially using NumPy
    NoSQL databases
    Redis
    Natural language processing
    Machine learning
    Optimizing code using Python extensions or Cython

If you're interested, please email hiring at lumino.so with a link to
your GitHub account or resume. Please no recruiters, telecommuters,
contractors, outsourcers, or those not eligible to work in the US.

- Catherine