[Corpora-List] Corpora of patient and clinician narratives

Yunqing Xia yunqing.xia at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 09:54:12 UTC 2013

Dear Phil,

You might be interested in UMLS:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/research/umls/

which provides API to recognize medical terms in various forms
including the mentioned medial mode and narrative mode. It is a very
good system for medical term normalization. But the normalization
process is probably string matching based and suffers low recall.
Stemming and tokenization tools can be integrated to further improve
performance.

cheers,
Yunqing