[Corpora-List] copyright permission for using concordance lines?

Jane Johnson janehelen.johnson at gmail.com
Mon May 6 13:48:47 UTC 2013

I'm sure this topic has already been dealt with but I am just wondering if
there are any updates about needing/not needing copyright permission when
using concordance lines from published journals.

Drawing on my own corpus of articles I created by downloading academic
journals (available to my institution in electronic form by subscription),
I  need to be able to quote a number of examples in concordance lines
without breaching copyright rules in a paper I am writing. Can anyone tell
me whether they think this would be problematic?
thanks in  advance

--
*Jane Johnson*
University of Bologna, Italy