[Corpora-List] corpus help for dyslexia

Maggie Charles maggie.charles at lang.ox.ac.uk
Sun Nov 3 15:10:58 UTC 2013

Query: Has anyone used corpora to help dyslexic students with their language?

I have had a request from a student who has adult acquired dyslexia as a result of brain trauma. She is a native-speaker of English and is taking a PhD. She has asked me to show her how to build and/or use corpora because she thinks this tool might help her with writing her thesis. Does anyone have any relevant experience they could share? Or does anyone know of any relevant literature linking corpora and dyslexia?

Many thanks

Maggie Charles

Dr Maggie Charles
Tutor in EAP