[Corpora-List] Dictionary network analysis

Yorick Wilks Y.Wilks at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Mon Nov 11 18:33:59 UTC 2013

If you look in this book youll find lots of old stuff on extracting networks empirically from LDOCE by means of sense ambiguity resolution:
http://books.google.com/books?id=AjYX8XfNtBcC&pg=PA164&lpg=PA164&dq=wilks+guthrie+LDOCE&source=bl&ots=LGn-vr06H1&sig=Ok8EtJK7L7ouiNZDfu4D3E4uPzU&hl=en&sa=X&ei=4SGBUrPtEaOm2AWUnYCQBA&ved=0CBgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=wilks%20guthrie%20LDOCE&f=false

The PATHFINDER paradigm also treated dictionaries like LDOCE as weighted semantic networks for IR and WSD. That work is described in the book above and also at:

http://citeseer.uark.edu:8080/citeseerx/showciting;jsessionid=5AEC8071648D572A665E3F05EBE83D85?cid=1290481

Thats old stuff and since then there is masses of work on traversing Wordnet (already a dictionary and a form of semantic network) for a wide range of purposes.
YW