[Corpora-List] Word forms in Wordnet

Tristan Miller miller at ukp.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Nov 20 10:19:26 UTC 2013

Greetings.

On 20/11/13 05:32 AM, kiran wrote:
> I am using RiTa Wordnet library for obtaining information from wordnet.
> The library gives me POS information for a word, best POS information,
> examples, synsets etc...
>
> Does it have a provide word forms of a word ?? Has anyone got that using
> the RiTa library. I also don't mind changing the library if the
> information can be obtained from other librar.
>
> For example,
> I need to get all the word forms for a word "talk". Sample output would
> be talks, talked...

WordNet maintains a list of irregular word forms in the noun.exc,
verb.exc, adj.exc, and adv.exc files.  The library you're using may or
may not provide access to these.  But note that the exc files themselves
are just simple text files which pair a base and irregularly inflected
form; they don't provide any information on what the irregular forms are
for (e.g., plural, past participle, etc.).  And AFAIK WordNet itself
doesn't provide regular inflections (which you can generate with a
rule-based system).

Regards,
Tristan

--
Tristan Miller, Research Scientist
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab (UKP-TUDA)