[Corpora-List] Problems with WordSmith Tagged Searches

Mike Scott mike at lexically.net
Mon Nov 25 09:45:35 UTC 2013

Peter emailed me separately concerning this issue.
It had to do with corpus format problems (UTF8 unsigned text). Once the
corpus was cleaned up the problem was solved.
Cheers -- Mike

On 23/11/2013 13:48, Peter Saunders wrote:
> I'm having difficulties searching within XML angle brackets in
> WordSmith. As the attached Word document shows, when I do a search for
> past tense tagged words within angle bracketed sections, within say
> <method> angle brackets, WordSmith is also coming up with the same
> string "CM on cell surfaces were ..." when I do an equivalent search
> within <problem> or <focus> angle brackets.
>
> Have I got the settings wrong? I though all you had to do within
> Advanced Settings was to change the "Sections to keep" input boxes to
> the start tag e.g. <method> and the end tag e.g. </method>.
>
> Best
>
> Peter

Mike Scott

***
If you publish research which uses WordSmith, do let me know so I can include it at
http://www.lexically.net/wordsmith/corpus_linguistics_links/papers_using_wordsmith.htm
***
University of Aston and Lexical Analysis Software Ltd.
mike.scott at aston.ac.uk
www.lexically.net