[Corpora-List] Corpus methods for prosodic analysis

Matías Guzmán Naranjo mortem.dei at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 06:35:02 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I found a strong correlation between what seems are sentence boundaries (in
this case marked as punctuation marks), and a particular morphological
alternation. Now I want to actually check for prosodic patterns in an oral
corpus and see whether the correlation is actually there or if it's just
because of idiosyncrasies of how the transcriber annotated the corpus.

My question is this, are there any techniques for doing this automatically?
Something like say, manually splitting the audio files in the relevant text
units, but automatically doing an F0 analysis, or something similar. Also,
is there any previous research that does this?

Thanks for your help,

Matías