[Corpora-List] Open Research Position (M.S. / Ph.D. / post-doc): Analyzing Routine Activities for Crime Prediction

Martin Mueller martin.mueller at me.com
Tue Apr 22 19:36:29 UTC 2014

Heidegger, not a great name to conjure with in many contexts, was nonetheless quite good on the subject of 'fore-judgement,' the literal translation of 'prejudice' and 'Vorurteil'. If you look closely enough all judgments are 'fore-judgements' and to that extent discriminatory. If I'm going on a holiday to the Pacific Northwest, I'll pack an umbrella, which I may not need if I go to Santa Fe, where sunglasses, a sun hat and sunscreen lotion will be essential. Come to think of it, Bayes and Heidegger are at one on that.