[Corpora-List] Neologisms

Adam Kilgarriff adam at lexmasterclass.com
Thu Jan 9 09:50:33 UTC 2014

Dear Karoline

firstly - which language?

second -

> Therefore I need a source where I can find all the new words that evolved
> in the last couple of years or the last decade.

Isn't that the goal of the research rather than the starting point?  Lots
try, and are more or less successful, though it's very very hard to measure
how successful they are.

For English, OUP (Pete Whitelock, Barbara McGillivray) are doing good work
along these lines: see eg
http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2013/11/word-of-the-year-2013-winner/

Adam

Adam Kilgarriff <http://www.kilgarriff.co.uk/>
adam at lexmasterclass.com
Director                                    Lexical Computing
Ltd<http://www.sketchengine.co.uk/>

Visiting Research Fellow                 University of
Leeds<http://leeds.ac.uk>

*Corpora for all* with the Sketch Engine <http://www.sketchengine.co.uk>

                        *DANTE: a lexical database for English
<http://www.webdante.com>                  *