[Corpora-List] Morfessor 2.0 released

Peter Smit peter.smit at aalto.fi
Mon Jan 13 09:53:13 UTC 2014

We are happy to announce that the Python implementation of Morfessor,
Morfessor 2.0, has now been officially published at
http://www.cis.hut.fi/projects/morpho/

Morfessor, originally developed by Mathias Creutz and Krista Lagus, is
a method for unsupervised morphological segmentation. Its first
implementation, Morfessor 1.0, was published already in 2005. Since
then, Morfessor has been used to improve processing of morpholigically
complex languages in a wide range of applications such as speech
recognition, information retrieval and machine translation.

Morfessor 2.0 includes a number of new features, including
semi-supervised training and several speed enhancements. The
accompanying Technical Report can be found at
http://urn.fi/URN:ISBN:978-952-60-5501-5

As more Morfessor news are coming up, we invite you to join new
announcement mailing list, morfessor-announce at list.aalto.fi on

For any questions and comments, contact morfessor at cis.hut.fi.

On behalf of the Morfessor team,

Peter Smit