[Corpora-List] Formality of domains in Media English texts

Georgios Mikros gmikros at isll.uoa.gr
Fri Jan 17 05:53:17 UTC 2014

Hi Ying,

you may check the paper written by Francis Heylighen & Jean-Marc Dewaele
(1999) (http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.30.6280
<http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.30.6280&rep=rep1&t
ype=pdf> &rep=rep1&type=pdf) which contains a simple formula (based on
frequencies of Part-of-Speech tags) that ranks documents based on their
formality.

Best

George Mikros