[Corpora] [Corpora-List] English corpus for specific domains (coming soon....)

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Thu Nov 13 21:37:02 UTC 2014

Liling,

>> Are there corpora that are specifically for the following domains:

In about 5-6 weeks I'll be releasing a corpus that is based on the 2 billion words (4.5 million articles) in Wikipedia, which should do most of what you want. Via the web interface, you'll be able to quickly and easily create "virtual corpora" from the 4.5 million articles, based on titles, page links, and/or page content. Each of these virtual, personalized corpora can have up to 1,000 articles and 1.2 million words.

And then you'll be able to search within these virtual corpora (strings, n-grams, collocates, collocations, concordances, etc) , or compare word and phrase frequencies across your virtual corpora, or find keywords (including multi-word expressions) in your corpora, all from within the web interface and all within just a few seconds.

Anyway, the corpus (and interface) is essentially done now, but I'm just working on the help files, including some tutorials that I'll place on YouTube.

So this may be of interest to you when I release it in just a few weeks.

Best,

Mark Davies

Mark Davies
Professor of Linguistics / Brigham Young University
http://davies-linguistics.byu.edu/

** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases **
** Historical linguistics // Language variation **
** English, Spanish, and Portuguese **