[Corpora-List] Question about expressions of intermediate meanings

Carita Paradis carita.paradis at englund.lu.se
Tue Oct 7 09:19:04 UTC 2014

Dear list members,

A fair amount of research has been carried out on expressions of binary opposites in language, but, as far as I know, very little has been carried out on expressions of intermediate meanings, i.e. form-meaning pairings related to the in-between zone, irrespective of whether this zone is a point/boundary or a range. I am curious to know if I have missed something important that might have been done on intermediates in English or any other language. I would be most grateful for pointers.

With best wishes,

Carita Paradis

Professor Carita Paradis, PhD
Centre for Languages and Literature