[Corpora] [Corpora-List] Use of variables in a Spanish corpus

Mark Davies Mark_Davies at byu.edu
Mon Oct 20 13:13:33 UTC 2014

Mario,

>> We are studying  the degree of repetition of certain word in comparative expressions in Spanish. I wonder if you know a Spanish corpus allowing the researcher to find expressions as it follows:

tan WORD.adv como lo WORD.adv
Tan WORD.adj como lo WORD.adj
Tant* WORD.noun como l* WORD.noun

>> For all cases, the token expressed as WORD must be the same, that is, that word occurs twice in the comparative structure.

>> We have tried MArk David Corpus and CREA, but in principle they do not allow to use variables with the same value.

This isn't possible via the publicly-accessible Corpus del Espanol web interface (www.corpusdelespanol.org), but I can easily generate it backend via SQL queries to the corpus.

Mark Davies

Mark Davies
Professor of Linguistics / Brigham Young University
http://davies-linguistics.byu.edu/

** Corpus design and use // Linguistic databases **
** Historical linguistics // Language variation **
** English, Spanish, and Portuguese **

________________________________
We are studying  the degree of repetition of certain word in comparative expressions in Spanish. I wonder if you know a Spanish corpus allowing the researcher to find expressions as it follows:

tan WORD.adv como lo WORD.adv
Tan WORD.adj como lo WORD.adj
Tant* WORD.noun como l* WORD.noun

For all cases, the token expressed as WORD must be the same, that is, that word occurs twice in the comparative structure.

We have tried MArk David Corpus and CREA, but in principle they do not allow to use variables with the same value.

Thank you very much in advance,

Mario Crespo

[UCA]

Mario Crespo Miguel