CRITICS-L: Interest from Australia

Sheila McCreanor smccrean at dove.net.au
Sat Oct 12 05:01:44 UTC 1996

I am a PhD student in Australia.  My topic is "Sainthood in Australia -
Mary MacKillop and the Print Media."  I am using some of the ideas from
'Media Discourse' by N Fairclough and wonder what other recent writings
are available in this area.
My interest is in the sociocultural aspect - I am trying to determine
how the coverage by the print media of the beatification of Australia's
first saint has had a significant impact upon the Australian identity.
AS I live in Port Augusta, some distance from a library, I am trying to
further my research through modern means.  Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.