CRITICS-L: Request for biblio on U.S. Disaster Films

Kay Richardson kay100 at liverpool.ac.uk
Thu Oct 22 16:49:55 UTC 1998

If no-one on this list can come up with anything, there may be other lists
(such as amccs - the association for media, culture and communication studies)
which would be worth trying.  AMCCS is however a closed list, so you'd need to
contact the administrator.

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998 17:21:39 GMT Quentin Merritt <J.Q.Merritt at greenwich.ac.uk>
wrote:

> I too would be interestred in any pointers in this direction - so
> could people respond to the list if they have suggestions? (I am
> teaching a unit on media and the environment and hope to cover film
> at some point in the course.)
>
> Quentin Merritt
>
> > > Hi!
> > > My name is Jonas Parker and I am interested in sending a question out to
> > > your discussion group but I am unfamiliar with computers.
> > >
> > > I was hoping you could post the question while I learn how to sign up for
> > > your group.
> > >
> > > My question is:
> > >
> > > "I am researching the representation of nature in the mass media,
> > > specifically natural disaster films in America. Does anyone have any
> > > suggestions on fundamental articles which discuss this phoenomenon or
> > > essential approches I should be taking? As of now, I am utilizing an
> > > inter-disciplinary approach, and this research is on an under-graduate
> > > level (however, It is a thesis topic so I plan to do extensive work)."
> > >
> > > Thanx so much for your help!
> > > Please let me know what's going on.
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > > Jonas Parker

> Quentin Merritt
> School of Humanities, University of Greenwich
> Wellington Street, Woolwich, London, SE18 6PF, UK
> Tel.    +44 (0)181 331 9065
> Fax.    +44 (0)181 331 8805
> E-mail: j.q.merritt at greenwich.ac.uk

Kay Richardson
School of Politics and Communication Studies
University of Liverpool
Liverpool L69 3BX
kay100 at liv.ac.uk