Hi Everyone

Josue Ram�rez (Brown U, USA) TenureTrack at AOL.COM
Tue Feb 19 00:34:27 UTC 2002

Hi Everyone.  I am new to the list and would like to introduce myself.  I am
finishing up a doctorate in anthropology.  Over the years I have gravitated
to a "critical" approach even though my department is full of traditionalists
who are not predisposed to it.  I have also tended toward the paradigm of
discourse.  What intrigues me currently is finding intersections between
discourses of class, race and gender.  I think the problem of machismo offers
an especially useful site for excavation.  I am also interested in critical
approaches to studies of the middle class (especially the new middle class)
and what might be called "middleclassization."  I am open to  suggestions.
Thanks so much.  --Josue Ramirez