Zionism to the nth degree

Celso Alvarez Cáccamo lxalvarz at UDC.ES
Sun Apr 6 17:50:32 UTC 2003

Here's a fragment of a speech by Israel Foreign Minister Silvan Shalom,
delivered on March 30, 2003 before the American Israeli Public Affairs
Committee (AIPAC, http://www.aipac.com) (same event where Collin Powell
spoke chillingly on the war against Iraq):

<<Even as we speak, allied forces are engaged in combat in Iraq. While
Operation Iraqi Freedom is advancing, it is not a simple undertaking and
involves high risks. The tyranny of Iraqi rulers today has its roots in
ancient Babylon of biblical times. The prophet Jeremiah referred to the
dangers posed by Babylon, Iraq of today, to the region, and to God's
punishment for the cruel despots of the land of two rivers. Some would say
Jeremiah prophesied current events. He said, and I quote, "I will raise
against Babylon and [sic] assembly of great nations from the north country,
for she has sinned against God.">>

Source: http://www.aipac.com/shalom.pdf

Fundamentalism and dangerous ignorance in its purest state.

-celso

Celso Alvarez Cáccamo
lxalvarz at udc.es
http://www.udc.es/dep/lx/cac/