Exchanging public domain audio files on language and Linguistics

Celso Alvarez Cáccamo lxalvarz at UDC.ES
Sun Mar 4 20:28:31 UTC 2007

(Please excuse cross-posting),

Hello,

I have been gathering freely available audio materials on language and
linguistics from the Internet: interviews and news on language origins,
evolution, animal communication, non verbal communication, language and
politics, Deaf Language, computers and language, cognition, variation,
bilingualism, etc.

As of now I have about 108 segments, more than 700MB, (most of them in US
or UK English, a few in Brazilian Portuguese, two or three in Castilian
Spanish) from National Public Radio, Scientific American, the Biblioteca
Virtual Brasileira, The Five Minute Linguist, etc. All of them are MP3
files, which I've organized with iTunes including as much detail as
possible (date of broadcast or podcast, program, participants, etc.).

If other people have gathered similar materials and they'd like to exchange
them with me (in English, Portuguese, Spanish or Catalan), I can send you
an Excel file with my listing. Thanks.

-celso

Celso Alvarez Cáccamo
Depto. de Galego-Português, Francês e Linguística
Universidade da Corunha
15071 Corunha, Galiza (Spain)

lxalvarz at udc.es
http://www.udc.es/dep/lx/cac