a query: social theories of argumentation

Graham Smart gsmart at CONNECT.CARLETON.CA
Tue Apr 1 02:11:51 UTC 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm researching the social construction of argumentation in the current debates over global warming and climate change.  I'm wondering whether anyone could point me towards work that looks at how arguments are socially constructed and deployed by collectives (i.e., organizations, institutions, 'discourse coalitions') as opposed to individuals?

Thanks very much,
Graham

Acting Supervisor of Graduate Studies
School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies

Graham Smart
Associate Professor
Carleton University
School of Linguistics & Applied Language Studies
215 Paterson Hall
1125 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada  K1S 5B6