EU discourses of the revolutionary left

Anje Müller Gjesdal anje.gjesdal at IF.UIB.NO
Tue May 13 09:22:22 UTC 2008

Dear all,

I am preparing a research project on left wing discourses on European
integration. I will be comparing texts published by maoists in Norway
(AKP), trotskyites in France (LCR) and Respect! in the UK, to see if
their ideological divergences (particularly on the national question)
can be traced in their discourses on the EU. Furthermore, I will be
looking at the potential influence of the national context -
Republican values in France, multi-culturalism in the UK and the late
industrialization of Norway, etc..

As can be seen, the project is very much at an early stage, but I
would very much like to make contact with people working along similar
lines to exchange ideas.

Best regards,
Anje Müller Gjesdal