New MA in Discourse Studies at Lancaster University

Wodak, Ruth r.wodak at LANCASTER.AC.UK
Mon Apr 26 12:03:03 UTC 2010

MA in Discourse Studies at Lancaster University

We are pleased to announce that places are still available for 2010
enrolment in our new, campus-based MA in Discourse Studies, which has
developed out of our successful MA in Language Studies.

This new programme builds on Lancaster's internationally recognised
strengths in the field of discourse studies. Within this field Lancaster
is best-known for its distinctive approaches to pragmatics, stylistics,
and critical discourse analysis, due to the teaching involvement of Ruth
Wodak, Greg Myers, Elena Semino and Veronika Koller. The degree is
specifically designed to give you the competence to undertake empirical
work in discourse studies which draws on both linguistic and social
theory.

The scheme will help you to realise your potential, whether you are
studying for personal development, further academic study, or employment
in a broad range of areas, including teaching in the UK and abroad,
research, publishing and the media.

For further information, please visit
http://ling.lancs.ac.uk/study/masters/discoursestudies.htm or contact
the programme secretary, Marjorie Wood, at m.f.wood at lancs.ac.uk
<mailto:m.f.wood at lancs.ac.uk> .

The programme begins in early October and the application deadline is 30
June 2010. .

For scholarship details, please see
http://ling.lancs.ac.uk/study/masters/funding.htm
<http://ling.lancs.ac.uk/study/masters/funding.htm> .

Ruth Wodak, PhD. Dr. Habil.

Distinguished Professor

Chair in Discourse Studies

Department of Linguistics and English Language

County South

Lancaster University, LA1 4YB

http://www.ling.lancs.ac.uk/profiles/Ruth-Wodak/

http://www.wittgenstein-club.at