FW: USF doctoral program in sociology .. recruiting international students

Wodak, Ruth r.wodak at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu Nov 1 21:03:24 UTC 2012

From: Kusenbach, Margarethe [mailto:mkusenba at usf.edu]

Dear colleagues,

Please see the enclosed flier with information on the sociology Ph.D. program at the University of South Florida (Tampa). This year, we are particularly encouraging international students to apply to our 4 year program (all students are fully funded, we accept 5-8 students per year).  Successful international applicants must have an MA degree in sociology and very strong English skills (excellent TOEFL scores). I will likely be able to forgive a lower than expected verbal GRE score, but the GRE test (verbal and quantitative) must be taken in order to apply (it's required by virtually all US universities). The GRE test is offered throughout Europe in many locations, as far as I know.

Our department has 21 permanent faculty, and many (if not most) of us use qualitative methods and interpretive approaches. Some special areas include: narratives, urban & global issues, race & ethnicity, gender & sexuality, immigration, social movements, education and religion. http://sociology.usf.edu/

Please feel free to pass this on to your students who might be interested, and to colleagues/program directors. And if there are any questions, please feel free to contact me directly per email.

Thanks!

Maggie

Maggie Kusenbach
Associate Professor