FW: Extremis Project

Wodak, Ruth r.wodak at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Sep 24 14:25:00 UTC 2012

FYI
From: Matthew Goodwin [mailto:Matthew.Goodwin at nottingham.ac.uk]
Sent: 21 September 2012 12:59
To: Matthew Goodwin
Subject: Extremis Project

Dear Colleagues-

I am writing to let you know of a new, online platform that may facilitate your research on extremism, and terrorism.

The Extremis Project (http://extremisproject.org<http://extremisproject.org/>) is an independent, objective and evidence-based platform and shared resource for academics, researchers, policy-makers, and others.

The Project launched in August 2012, with support from Routledge Publishing, and is completely independent of any group, organisation or institution.

So far, it has commissioned new surveys and opinion polls, and actively engages with current debates.

What does it offer you?

Daily 'trackers' of news and analysis on extremism (broadly defined) in West, Central and Eastern Europe, North America, South Asia and a separate tracker for the UK.

You can keep involved through three channels:

The website: http://extremisproject.org/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ExtremisProject

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ExtremisProJect

We also actively encourage debate and blogs from those researching in the field, with recent contributors including Cas Mudde, Roger Eatwell, Sarah de Lange, Luke March and Sarah de Lange. It should be noted that the site intends to support more formal academic networks, such as the ECPR Standing Group on Extremism and Democracy, rather than seek to replace them.

We hope that you find the resource useful, and do feel free to get in touch if you would like us to highlight your new articles, books or blogs.

Best wishes--

Dr Matthew Goodwin
Associate Professor
School of Politics & Int. Relations