Books available for review in Discourse & Society
alischinsky+reviews at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 18:41:16 UTC 2013
the titles below are currently available for review in Discourse and Society:
* Baker, P., Gabrielatos, C., & McEnery, T. (2013). Discourse analysis
and media attitudes: the representation of Islam in the British press.
Cambridge & New York: Cambridge University Press.
* Cap, P. (2013). Proximization: the pragmatics of symbolic distance
crossing. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
* Cap, P., & Okulska, U. (Eds.). (2013). Analyzing genres in political
communication: theory and practice. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
* Charteris-Black, J. (2013). Analysing political speeches: rhetoric,
discourse and metaphor. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
* Clark, J. (2012). Language, sex and social structure: analysing
discourses of sexuality. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
* Coulmas, F. (2013). Writing and society: an introduction. Cambridge:
Cambridge University Press.
* Deignan, A., Littlemore, J., & Semino, E. (2013). Figurative
language, genre and register. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
* Finch, G. (2013). Word of Mouth: a new introduction to language and
communication. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.
* Gerhardt, C., Frobenius, M., & Hucklenbroich-Ley, S. (Eds.). (2013).
Culinary linguistics: the chef’s special. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
* Haddington, P., Mondada, L., & Nevile, M. (Eds.). (2013).
Interaction and mobility: language and the body in motion. Berlin: De
* Heffer, C., Rock, F., & Conley, J. M. (Eds.). (2013). Legal-lay
communication: textual travels in the law. Oxford & New York: Oxford
* Hodges, A. (Ed.). (2013). Discourses of war and peace. Oxford & New
York: Oxford University Press.
* Koerber, A. (2013). Breast or bottle? Contemporary controversies in
infant feeding policy and practice. Columbia, SC: The University of
South Carolina Press.
* Lyon, A. (2013). Deliberative acts: democracy, rhetoric, and rights.
University Park, PA: Pennsylvania State University Press.
* McQuail, D. (2013). Journalism and society. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
* Nienstedt, H.-W., Russ-Mohl, S., & Wilczek, B. (Eds.). (2013).
Journalism and media convergence. Berlin: De Gruyter.
* Ruddock, A. (2013). Youth and media. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
* Ruiz, L., & Alvarado Ortega, M. B. (Eds.). (2013). Irony and humor:
from pragmatics to discourse. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
* Sklar, H. (2013). The Art of Sympathy in Fiction: forms of ethical
and emotional persuasion. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
* Sullivan, K. (2013). Frames and constructions in metaphoric
language. Amsterdam: John Benjamins.
* Twardzisz, P. (2013). The language of interstate relations: in
search of personification. New York: Palgrave Macmillan.
* Wodak, R., KhosraviNik, M., & Mral, B. (Eds.). (2012). Right wing
populism in Europe politics and discourse. London: Bloomsbury
If you are interested in contributing a review, please contact the
book review editor (Alon Lischinsky, <alischinsky+reviews at gmail.com>)
* the title of the book(s) you are interested in reviewing;
* your full postal address;
* a brief description of your professional background and
qualifications to review this specific book;
* your relationship to the book's author or publisher, or any other
potential conflict of interest.
Reviews for Discourse & Society should provide an overview of the
contents of the book, as
well as a reasoned and well-argued evaluation of its contribution to
the intersection of discourse analysis and the social sciences. Simple
chapter-by-chapter descriptions are undesirable. Your review should be
returned within three months of your receipt of the book, and will
normally be published within twelve months of acceptance of the
Dr Alon Lischinsky
Oxford Brookes University
Review editor, Discourse & Society
Critics-l mailing list
Critics-l at listserv.cddc.vt.edu
More information about the Critics-l