[Dgkl] What is an English-language Teacher?

RICHARD FIELDEN-WATKINSON rfieldenwatkinson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 10:32:38 UTC 2018

Dear madam/sir,

I am writing to ask if you would be willing to participate the short survey
for experts in the field of languages, learning, and teaching 'What is an
English-language Teacher <https://goo.gl/forms/ydyGEEuYy1dm14nr2>?' It has
been designed to elicit responses from professionals and academics in
fields which can inform English-language teaching.

All too often, as teachers, we teach based on our instincts or what we
learn on the job with little regard or access to the wealth of information
which people such as yourselves are involved with. There is unfortunately
little interaction between the theoretical and practical sides of ELT and
this short teacher-created survey is an attempt to build a small bridge
across this gulf.

If you could spare a few minutes, it would be greatly appreciated, and I
would be happy to share the results with you, once they have been written
up. There is only 1 compulsory question in the survey so if you are
extremely busy then answering just that one question would still be very
helpful.

You can access the Google Survey here.
<https://goo.gl/forms/ydyGEEuYy1dm14nr2>

Thank you very much in advance.