[Dgkl] Protolang 7: Call for participation

Stefan Hartmann hartmast at hhu.de
Wed Aug 25 09:00:44 UTC 2021

Dear colleagues,

The 7th International Conference "Ways to Protolanguage" (Protolang 7)
is going to take place virtually, organized by the University of
Düsseldorf, from September 6th to September 8th. Registration is still
possible (and it's free!): https://blogs.phil.hhu.de/protolang7/ We are
happy to announce our six plenary speakers, some of whom are also very
well-known in the Cognitive Linguistics community:

- Michel DeGraff (MIT)

- Katja Liebal (Leipzig University)

- Asifa Majid (University of York)

- Albert Newen (University of Bochum)

- Cailin O’Connor (University of California Irvine)

- Asli Ozyurek (Radboud University)

The Protolang conference series creates an interdisciplinary platform
for scholarly discussion on the origins of symbolic communication
distinctive of human beings. The thematic focus of Protolang is on
delineating the genetic, anatomical, neuro-cognitive, socio-cultural,
semiotic, symbolic and ecological requirements for evolving (proto)language.

We would be happy to see some of you at Protolang 7!

For the organizing committee,

Stefan Hartmann

--
Jun.-Prof. Dr. Stefan Hartmann