[Dgkl] Summer School - Corpus Methods and Statistics in Linguistics

Dylan Glynn dsg.up8 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 12:36:06 UTC 2024

University Paris 8 <https://www.univ-paris8.fr/>, with the support of
the European
Reform University Alliance <https://erua-eui.eu/>, is pleased to announce
their upcoming Summer School:

*Corpus Methods in Linguistics--compilation, annotation and quantitative
analysis*

03-07 June 2024.

https://summer-corpus-p8.sciencesconf.org/

This will be a 30h week-long course consisting of:
--morning sessions devoted to data collection, extraction and organization,
as well as DIY corpus building
--afternoon sessions focusing on statistical analysis of the data produced
during the morning sessions
--several half-day sessions on automatic annotation and manual annotation
methods

Participants will learn how to:
--formulate advanced search queries in a concordancer in *TextSTAT*
--compile a text corpus with *BootCaT*
--automatically annotate a text corpus in *TreeTagger*
--manually annotate a text corpus in *UAM CorpusTool*
--measure keyword specificity and collocation strength using *AntConc*
--perform exploratory statistical techniques for complex data using
correspondence analysis, factor analysis, and cluster analysis in *R*
--perform confirmatory statistical techniques for complex data using
log-linear analysis and regression modelling in *R*

This programme is intended primarily for researchers and upper-level
students (Masters or Doctorate).
Tuition will be 90€ (free for students from universities participating in
the ERUA <https://erua-eui.eu/> scheme, including Paris 8).

Normally, we receive more requests than we can accept, so if you wish to
participate, please fill in this form <https://forms.gle/r4VxwuH1MdUerNub9>
- https://forms.gle/E6QxWzwCzwqkADoJ9

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Dylan Glynn and Daniel Henkel
dsg.up8 at gmail.com / daniel.henkel at univ-paris8.fr