[Dgkl] CfP: Schemas in Language, Music, and Visual Cognition, Niš, Serbia, 6-7 Dec 2024

Alexander Willich alexander.willich at hhu.de
Fri Jan 19 13:30:14 UTC 2024

Dear members of the DGKL/GCLA mailing list,

Please find below a Call for Papers for the conference "Schemas in
Language, Music, and Visual Cognition", held in Niš, Serbia, on December
6 and 7, 2024. Abstracts should be submitted till August 1.

Kind regards,
Alexander Willich
(Secretary general)

**********

Conference: Schemas in Language, Music, and Visual Cognition
jointly organized by the Faculty of Philosophy and Center for Cognitive
Sciences

University of Niš, Serbia
6 - 7 December 2024

We are pleased to announce our conference on the schematic basis of
meaning in language, music, and visual cognition. The event aims to
gather linguists, psychologists, philosophers, neuroscientists, music,
visual cognition, and multimodality researchers interested in schematic
structures underlying (conceptual) meaning construction from any
theoretical perspective (formal, functional, or eclectic). The phenomena
of interest include, but are not limited to, image schemas, conceptual
primitives, scripts, cross-modal correspondences, conceptual metaphors,
metonymies and blends, semantic frames, mental and simulation models,
and multimodal aspects of schematic meaning generation.

Confirmed keynotes: Ray Jackendoff (Tufts / MIT), Todd Oakley (CWRU),
Beate Hampe (Erfurt).

Abstract submission to https://forms.gle/bFLkpxz6FEg14uno7, by 1 Aug
2024. We welcome proposals for talks of up to 20 minutes. Abstracts
should be no longer than 300 words. Information on abstract acceptance
by 1 Sep 2024.

The conference is kindly supported by the Serbian Science Fund (SCHEMAS
project , Grant No. 7715934).
More information on the conference website:
https://schemas.rs/conference2024/

Feel free to write for further information.

With best wishes,
Mihailo Antović